Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Post From VIMWAC: Mondragon Bookstore & Coffee House

Hi everyone! Last night I posted a review of the Mondragon Bookstore & Coffee House and decided to share it here on Natasha's Nickelodeon. If you would like to visit the original post on VIMWAC, click here.
Today was another crazy day at the college, but at some point during all the running around, I managed to eat one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten at a restaurant. Ever!
It all began with a group of us handing in our assignments early and leaving the school to wander for a while during our break. Eventually we decided grab a bite to eat, and this gave me an opportunity to write a blog post about one of the city's strictly vegan restaurants, Mondragon. 
Contrary to what I thought when I first heard the name, this restaurant does not serve Chinese food. Instead, it is a bookstore and coffee house with a small organic market at the back, and a wide selection of vegan dishes you can order at the front counter. There are so many items on the menu, it's actually quite overwhelming for a vegetarian like me who is used to only having three options to chose from when going out to eat.
The photo of the menu board above shows just how many things the Mondragon serves. Not just soups and salads, but sandwiches, burgers, quesadillas, burritos, samosas and pupusas, nachos, and even breakfast food. And if you're in the mood for something to drink, they have different types of smoothies along with caffeinated beverages.
One of the girls in the group ordered the daily soup special with bread...
...and one of the guys ordered the quesadilla. 
I was feeling a little peckish and ordered the roasted vegetable sandwich with soup on the side.
Wow, this was a really great sandwich. I can honestly say I've never been served a sandwich so full of fillings. There were roasted vegetables of every kind, including soft, melt in your mouth sweet potatoes, and the whole thing was covered with a white sauce and large pieces of avocado. The truth is, I couldn't fit the sandwich into my mouth and had to cut it in half and eat it like an open face sandwich. How amazing is that?
If you're interested in eating at Mondragon, it's located at 91 Albert Street, just a short walk away from City Hall.
 
View Larger Map
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. As much as I loved the quaint atmosphere of Mondragon's, I think I should stick to places that serve meat, or soup that isn't loaded with pepper. At least now I can say that I've tried it and the experience wasn't all that bad.

    ReplyDelete