Thursday, November 1, 2012

The New Summly App Simplifies


"This morning Summly was launched". 

That is an example of the simple and brief messages Summly specializes in. It is a new application focused on simplifying today's news. The app was first thought of by 15-year-old Nick D'Aloisio, and with the help of some experts in artificial intelligence and design, Summly is now a "fully-fledge mobile news app."

"I designed Summly because I felt that my generation wasn't consuming traditional news anymore," says D'Aloisio. "In designing for the mobile generation, I believe we've created an app that will benefit anyone who loves reading news on the go."

I downloaded Summly about ten minutes ago and already I can tell I'll be using it daily. It's easy to use, it's customizable, and it's a huge time-saver. This new app is perfect for me and my classmates because we are students in the Creative Communications program at Red River College. Not only are we pinched for time, we also receive plenty of surprise quizzes on current events every month.

Some interesting things to know about Summly are,
  • Ashton Kutcher, Yoko Ono, and Horizons Ventures are some of the investors backing it
  • D'Aloisio is British-Australian with a gorgeous accent
  • The app is FREE
For more information, read the news release here or watch the video above. 

Pin It

1 comment: