Saturday, December 29, 2012

Skating at The Forks


Yesterday I had an amazing morning at The Forks. As a kid I used to love going skating on the river trail downtown, so when I read in the Winnipeg Free Press that the ice was frozen and ready to skate on, I decided to take a trip to the market.

I began the day with a hearty breakfast from Danny's, walked around for a little while to look at the shops, and then eventually made my way outside. The air was cold, but I was more concerned about falling on my butt than about my ears turning red or my nose dripping.

After a while I started gaining confidence in my skating ability and soon I was doing laps around the ice. I think I probably spent 45 minutes outside just gliding around, going backwards, trying to do the bunny hop. It was a lot of fun!

I feel like I had such a great time there yesterday, I might just have to fit in another visit to The Forks before classes start again. Currently only a portion of the river trail is open, so it'd be nice to go back there again this winter when the whole thing is open.

But enough about skating! I was looking at The Forks' website and it looks like there are a lot of other fun things being planned for this winter. To check out what's coming, click here.

Happy holidays everyone, and good luck in the new year!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment