Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reasons Why I Love Epcot, Part 2

China at Epcot's World Showcase 

Last week I did a post on why Epcot is my favourite theme park at Walt Disney World.  Because there are so many things that I love about the park, I just had to make a second post about it.

Today I'm going to talk about my favourite pavilions in Epcot: China, Japan, and France.

There are 11 countries in Epcot's World Showcase, and yes, Canada is one of them! Canada is a nice place to walk around and the waterfall they have is beautiful. But I'm all about the food and I've never eaten in 'Canada'. I'd like to, but the sit-down restaurant, Le Cellier, has a three month long waiting list and there's no quick service place to eat (not even a small poutinerie). : (

China, Japan, and France however, have some of my favourite things to eat. A lot of the countries have menus that are meat-heavy, like Morocco and Norway. When I go to a place like France, which is all about the pastries, or China and Japan, which have lot's of meat-free options, I don't feel so bad about being a vegetarian.

Plus the food at these three countries is delicious! Here are my three favourite dishes from each place.

France:
Cheese quiche
Chocolate mousse
Macarons (photo below)

Japan:
Vegetable curry udon noodles (photo below)
Japanese curry rice (I really like Japanese curry, can you tell?)
Okonomiyaki 

China:
Vegetable stir-fry with rice
Egg-rolls
Caramel-ginger ice cream

I'd also like to mention that the cheese empanadas at Mexico are also really, really good. 

France at Epcot's World Showcase 

Japan at Epcot's World Showcase 
French macarons from the pastry shop

Japanese Curry Udon at the Yakitori House 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking the three-month-long waiting list isn't typical of Canadian restaurants. :)

    ReplyDelete