Friday, September 6, 2013

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Game



One of the coolest things at the Magic Kingdom is the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, and nobody knows about it!

Even I didn't know about it. I had been working at the Magic Kingdom for over two months before somebody explained it to me, and then I was hooked.

I love to collect things, and Disney World is a collector's paradise. There are pins, buttons, paper fast-passes (which will soon be gone once they finish testing the Magic Bands), and now the Sorcerer Mickey Cards.

One pack of five cards is included with your park ticket, and after that you can buy more card packs in a store on Main Street. The way the game works is you use your magic cards to battle different villains around the park. You also get a map that shows you where all the portals in the park are located. None of them are in Tomorrowland. Maybe that's why it took so long for me to find out about the game. 






The game is a lot of fun. The basic plot line is, Hades, god of the underworld, wants to rule the Magic Kingdom since Zeus stopped him from taking over and earth. Hades begins recruiting other evil villains like Cruella Devil, Ursula, Maleficent, etc. Each villain tries to do something evil to help Hades, but you must find them and use the power in your cards to stop them.

I played the game a lot after I found out about it, but I wasn't able to complete all the quests. I feel as though the game is perfect for those with annual passes who go to the park a lot and might enjoy a fun game to keep playing whenever they go to the Magic Kingdom.

Below is a clip of the introduction video. Merlin explains the story of Hades coming to the Magic Kingdom, and then teaches players how to use their spell cards to defeat different villains.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment