Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Year, New Banner, Same Great Show


It's a new year so that means it's time to look at the things in our life and see what we can do to make them better. For a lot of people that means improving their health by working out more and eating better, getting a new job that fits their lifestyle more or fulfills a life-long dream, or maybe letting go of old 'toxic' relationships so that they can move on to brighter and better ones.

For me my resolutions were simple. 
  • Continue to do well in school and graduate in a few months. 
  • Bake more, because I love it and haven't allowed myself the time to do it.
  • Meet with old friends regularly, instead of twice in a year
  • Go back to learning Hangul on Memrise (which has been an easy thing to do with their awesome app!)
  • Purchase a membership to CPRS while I'm still a student
  • Update my resume and creative portfolio
  • Update the logo for Kpop Town
  • Take a trip to Chicago or Toronto sometime this year

Over the weekend I was able to cross one off my list. Above you can see the design for Kpop Town's banner on the Red River Radio website. It's nothing special, just the show title, tagline, and an illustration of myself wearing my cat-ear toque. Yes, I actually own a cat-ear toque, and just in case you were wondering, it is the warmest toque I own. 

But it is a big improvement from the show's first design which was pretty flat and had more of a wifi signal symbol rather than a radio signal symbol.

Original show design


I also had a chance to write a brief description about the show. Something short and fun that would appeal to my audience. At first it was going to be a simple explanation of what I talk about each episode and the music I play, but I felt it didn't convey the energy and excitement Kpop Town has, so I wrote a description that was more fun and contained a lot of commonly known terms in the kpop world.

"Kpop Town is fangirling, lip-rubbing, and aegyo making awesomeness that will make you want to jump up and dance like a smoky girl (or boy) when you listen to the latest Kpop news and hit singles on this weekly online radio show. Tune in to Kpop Town on Red River Radio every Wednesday from noon to 1:00 p.m. to hear current kpop music from popular idol groups and solo artists from South Korea. Each week your host Natasha, certified ‘Shawol’,  ‘Nasty’, ‘Kissme’ and ‘Starlight’, will talk about the latest news from the kpop music industry and will update you on all the Korean stars you love to hear about."

Be sure to listen to past episodes of the show on iTunes or on the Red River Radio website here. Also tune in to hear the show live every Wednesday from noon-1 p.m. You can stream it live off the Red River Radio website, or listen to it through the TuneIn Radio app.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment