Thursday, January 30, 2014

Why Hollywood Studios has the most potential

Hollywood Studios in Orlando FL, formerly called MGM Studios, has the most potential to grow and expand out of all the other Disney theme parks in America.

I've never liked the park that much. I'm not interested in the stunt shows or performances, there are only two big rides in the park and one of them scares me, and Fantasmic is my least favourite fireworks show out of the three (the others being Wishes in The Magic Kingdom, and Illuminations in Epcot). For these reasons I believed that Hollywood Studios would always be my least favourite Disney theme park.

But one day at work this summer I asked one of my eight managers, where did he see himself in the company in ten years? His answer surprised me and changed the way I look at Hollywood Studios.

He said he wanted to be the Vice President of Disney's Hollywood Studios because it had the most potential. If he were the Vice President, he would bring in three more adult rides to go along with the two that are already there, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. This would establish the theme park as the fun 'kid free' park and bring in the older crowd. He would completely renovate the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre restaurant with a bigger screen, nicer seating in the cars, and more entertaining movies (right now the screen shows the same five minute reel over and over again). Along with that he would bring in more Star Wars themed attractions and activities.

My manager also pointed out that Hollywood Studios has something that The Magic Kingdom doesn't. The ability to change without fear of an uprising from loyal guests. The Magic Kingdom today looks very similar to how it looked the day it first opened. Sure the buildings and rides have each been refurbished over the years, but save for a few new rides (like the loss of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride) and the addition of New Fantasy Land, it remains the same classic theme park it has always been, right down to the old Robo-Newz bot.

Hollywood Studios, however, has seen a number of changes and additions to the park over the years, including the name of the park itself, with minor and short-lived push-back from guests. That is why I now hope to see more improvements to the park, until one day it moves up in my rankings.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment