Friday, April 11, 2014

When one ends and another begins

Today was my last day in the Creative Communications program, and this coming Monday I will be starting a new job at Manitoba eHealth. It's a little overwhelming to have such a big part of my life come to an end, and then two days later have such a big part of my life begin, but I'm really happy and grateful to be starting my career in such an amazing place. 

I'd like to say a warm and heartfelt goodbye to my fellow Public Relations majors. You are all amazing and talented and kind and I wish you the best as you begin your careers. I'll miss you all and hope that we can keep in touch.

Thank you to Melanie Lee Lockhart. You are an amazing person who truly cares about each and every one of your students. You have taught me so much and I know I wouldn't be the PR professional I am today without you. 

And goodbye to all the Advertising majors, Journalism majors, and Media Production majors. I wish we all could have been in the same class...but I guess it would have been hard to fit 70 students into one mac lab.

Well, it's been a blast and I have so many great memories of both Red River College and the University of Winnipeg. Now it's time to make some new memories! Here are some of the things on my to-do list now that I won't have hours of homework to do every night. 

- Send thank you cards to all the amazing people who have helped me get to where I am today.
- Skype with my Tomorrowland family. Like myself, many of the amazing people I met while working at The Magic Kingdom are or were students, so as soon as exams are done we can spend a few hours visiting on the computer!!!

- Sign up for a spin class.
- Go to the BDI.
- Keep updating my portfolio website.
- Go to the St. Norbert Farmers' Market when it opens.
- Bake again. Ginger snaps here I come!

Best of luck to everyone I've met during these past four years of school! Let's keep in touch.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment